Friday, July 30, 2010

If I reach out and touch her, will Keith appear?

Last week, I was on the beach doing yoga (I know, I love Michigan in the summer). The teacher stretched me well beyond what I do myself while watching a video. She showed me new poses while kicking my butt into shape and I felt great afterward. She was just what I was looking for and she does class on the beach at 8pm! Wow. The sun goes down, the sky is clear, the waves keep your breathing in rhythm. It's absolutely awesome. After class, I was asking her how she got started. She spent a lot of time teaching herself how to teach yoga (to the locals) while in the Peace Corps and then came back to the states and got certified. Her Peace Corps service was served in Macedonia and she's my age so I asked if she knows my friend Keith Thompson and his wife. Yes, why yes she does. Of course she knows the same guy....the same guy I also met across the world while living in a hut in the rain forest of Belize. Crazy. As my sister said, I was meant to meet each of them. Crazy that I did.

1 comment:

Kara Melissa said...

Awesome. I wish you wrote more often. I love reading your tidbits. You are fabulous!