Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thurs. morning bliss....I mean Spanish

I miss Thursday mornings. Jilliann had Spanish class for one hour each Thursday during Miles' nap time. A couple times, I tried to race back home to put him down only to wake him early for pick up. Then, I realized I could take this time to myself. Yes, prisoner to the car with Miles sleeping soundly behind me, but it was winter time. The windows were up for a quiet, peaceful ride for sleeping. I would drop Jilliann off and Miles was asleep soon after. After picking up some coffee and a vegan, wheat free cookie (love you Lemonjellos) I went to watch the birds. The Seagulls would sit on the ice getting pummeled by arctic blasts and still stand on one foot. They'd dance in the face of frigid wind and inches of solid ice under their exposed feet. These are the same birds who eat our chips on the beach in August. I'm not sure why they stay. They are a hearty bird and I would write in my journal and soak up alone time (relatively speaking). The ice is gone, but I'd sure like to still watch the birds. Time to just be. Time to hear silence.
But, right now I hear crying coming from upstairs and I will relish this time when I can still go fetch a baby and comfort him....and when I can still have Jilliann with me all day long and not at school with a teacher half the day. I will miss my kids then.

No comments: